Whether you are coming to AEMCON as a veteran producer, DJ, enthusiast or general fan of the electronic music scene, volunteering can help you better connect with your community and get you involved in our conference at the ground level. Volunteers receive a full conference pass for their time commitment. Applications close September 15th or until all positions are filled.
We are looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Administration / Volunteer Coordination - checking guests in, assembling goodie bags, helping guests with directions, supporting the volunteer coordinator etc
- Speaker/Artist Drivers - picking up and dropping off artists at the Calgary Airport / Hotel / Venue, must have own car and clean driving record
- Room Managers / Helpers - Reset each room after each presentation and support the next presenter’s set-up, work with audio techs to resolve any issues
- Trade Show Load-In / Clean Up Crew - Assist vendors in loading in and taking out their gear and products to the National Music Centre, answer guest questions
- Bartenders - Must have proserve for this position, bartend a mixer event at Beat Drop.
- Merchandise Booth - in charge of tracking, organizing and selling merchandise during the conference
- Runners - handles odd-jobs as directed by the AEMCON staff, access to a car is an asset
Two, 6-8 hour shifts, some time between November 16-19th.
A volunteer deposit of $145 is required within 15 days of your acceptance. The deposit (less the payment processing fee) is only refundable upon completion of shifts assigned.
Based on previous experience and history, certain returning volunteers will be allowed to volunteer without needing to pay a fee, or deposit.
Our conference runs from November 16th until the evening of November 19th. The majority of our volunteers will be required between the 17th and 19th. Please arrange your schedule to be available for shifts during the full conference period.
Attitude and Ettiquette
Our volunteers are often the first point of contact with our guests and as such, are in the perfect place to make a great impression! We ask that you be friendly, upbeat and engaged when interacting with guests. Please refrain from using profanity, playing on your cellphone or chatting too long with friends. Treat your shifts like any other job and act professionally.
Sign In / Out
Volunteers at satellite events/venues must check in and out with our volunteer coodinator 30 minutes before their shift as well as when they end their shift
Every volunteer at the National Music Centre is asked to sign in at the Volunteer desk 15-20 minutes before their shift and sign out afterwards. If you do not do so, we will assume you have missed your shift.
Missed Shifts / Late Policy
Every volunteer is required to be on time, present and sober for their shifts. If a shift is missed, you risk forfeiting your entire deposit. If you miss one of your shifts due to an emergency, you must inform our volunteer coordinator. If you are more than half an hour late for your shift, you will be replaced. If you are not sober for your shift you will forfeit your deposit.
Please email Vicki Perreault at firstname.lastname@example.org for other questions